Job Calls/Referral Policy
April 21, 2017
5 short calls for JW for Miller Electric for Melbourne for Northrup Gruman. Working overhead in the heat. Working 6-10's.
4 short calls for JW for State Group Electric working nights (5:30P-3AM). Working 5-10's Wednesday night to Sunday.Two jobsites are in Kissimmee, call is only for the 5 days next week. Job Training Tuesday 4/25 7AM in Center Hill. Must pass drug test and have hard toed boots. $24.15/hr plus 17.3% differential plus 75 dollar per day perdiem.
1 short call for JW for State Group Electric working days 7AM start. Working 5-10's Wednesday through Sunday. Two jobsites are in Kissimmee, call is only for the 5 days next week. Job Training Tuesday 4/25 7AM in Center Hill. Must pass drug test and have hard toed boots. $24.15/hr plus 75 dollar per day perdiem.
The last call filled today was off of book 2.
January 17, 2017
IBEW LOCAL UNION 606 REFERRAL POLICY
1. Original sign in shall take place IN PERSON, if you currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Hall any time during normal operating hours of the business office (Normal business hours are 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 Noon and 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.) If you currently reside outside the 50 mile radius of the Hall you will be able to sign IN PERSON, BY FAX OR E-MAIL. If you are not a Local 606 member and are currently employed in any other IBEW jurisdiction, you will NOT be allowed to sign the out of work list.
1. Re-sign shall be required the 10th – 17th of each month. Re-sign may be accomplished through recorded e-mail, fax, regular mail or in person. Re-sign information must include: Name, Card Number, Local Union Number and Original Sign Date. Failure to properly re-sign will result in removal from the out of work list.
DISPATCH POLICY AND PROCEDURE
1. All calls for Journeymen Wiremen will be placed on a recorded system at the Local and Long Distance telephone numbers listed below and also at our website www.ibew606.org after the close of business. The calls for manpower will identify the requesting employer, number of persons needed, classification, duration of call (if known), and any required special skills.
2. All calls will be filled at the referral halls listed below beginning at 9:30 a.m. the following business day and dispatch will remain open until all calls are filled.
3. In the case of an emergency employer request for manpower, the Business Manager is responsible to place registrants timely and this may require dispatch of registrants outside the normal business hours by whatever means available.
4. All applicants for employment may e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message on the recorder stating their name and date they signed the book by 8:00 AM and indicate interest in the job call. Referrals will be issued to applicants that contact the referral office and have tenure on the appropriate out of work list.
5. Short calls will be 14 calendar days in duration with no limit on hours worked. Time waiting on a background will not count against the 14 days. An individual working 14 days or less shall retain their position on the out of work list unless terminated for “just cause” or voluntary quit.
6. Any applicant discharged for “just cause” twice in a twelve-month period will be suspended from future referral privileges until they appear before the Appeals Committee for determination as to their continued eligibility for referral.
Orlando Referral Hall: IBEW Local Union 606, 820 Virginia Drive, Orlando, FL 32803
Recorder Phone Numbers: Local 407-896-7271
(After 5:00 PM EST) Long Distance 877-606-IBEW
Email address for job calls email@example.com
Email address for resign firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax Number for resign 407-896-7274
Melbourne Referral Hall 1990 W. New Haven Ave., Suite 103, Melbourne, FL 32904
Phone Number: 321-327-2157
Page Last Updated: Apr 21, 2017 (12:35:18)